By following these steps, you can successfully clear a preset kit in DW Soundworks, customize your kit, and save your modifications if desired. You can clear the kit in either Kit View or Cell View mode.
- Open DW Soundworks and ensure that a preset kit is fully loaded.
- In either Kit View or Cell View, look for a set of circle ellipses icon (three dots) located to the left of the Kit View or Cell View buttons.
- Click on the circle ellipses icon to open a drop-down menu.
- From the drop-down menu, select "Clear Drum Kit."
This action will clear the preset kit.
- In Kit View, the kit will be "ghosted," indicating that it's cleared.
In Cell View, all cells within the kit will be empty.
- Save Drum Kit (Optional):
After clearing the kit if you wish to build your user preset, make your modifications and adjustments to create your desired kit. If you choose a different kit after clearing and don't save your changes, a dialog box will appear. The dialog box will ask if you want to save changes to the kit before switching to a different one. You'll have the option to name the kit before saving any changes. Once you've customized the kit to your liking, use the same drop-down menu as before.
- Choose "Save Drum Kit".
- Select "Save Drum Kit" from the drop-down menu.
A dialog box will appear, prompting you to name the kit.
- Enter a name for your custom kit in the dialog box. d. Click the "Save" button to save your custom kit.